PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

I'm expanding on what they are offering. Currently an outfitted Galaxy can deploy as just a spawnpoint. It doesn't need all the built in defenses that are being discussed. Leave it to the players to provide the defenses, whether they deploy them, use appropriate equipment or bring vehicles. I'm proposing the creation of a synergy between the types of vehicles that could be used for such a purpose. Each of these vehicles could be outfitted with the appropriate gear to fill other roles, or, they could be equipped to set up a Supply Base.

Galaxy - Infantry and MAX spawn.
Sunderer - Command center with resupply points, weapon points and a shield dome or interlink like detection system.
Lodestar - Vehicle spawn.

Galaxies don't need equipment terminals, as you will be able to spawn in as any class. If you want to have resupply or rearm available, make sure you have the Sunderer HQ set up as well. Same for the Lodestar. You can spawn a vehicle, but you will need a Sunderer to resupply ammo if you have no other source. They all have a function and a limitation that creates a dependency.

This idea was sparked by the Galaxy discussions that are leaning towards it becoming some kind of fully equipped fold out base, with it's own turrets and such. This is adding the ability to sidegrade these three vehicles into another support role.

www.planetside-devildogs.com