PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
You guys are arguing about the minutiae of how, for example, a Galaxy might work while deployed as part of a base, but in reality, if they did this, it might be completely different. There could be unarmed modular base sections that people would take to the front and set up, and actually, there only needs to be one unit. Various functions could be achieved based on how many you set up and link together. 1 could be infantry spawn only, 2 could be infantry spawn plus equipment terminal, 3 would begin to allow vehicle spawns. 3 units together could allow up to 5 vehicles to spawn, 4 would add 5 more, etc. And actually I like this better, because if existing units can double as base sections, that may be overpowered. Take 12 guys to the front and then plop down to be part of the base?

And who says these units should be flying units? Maybe they should be, but depending on balance needs, they could also be ground units that are as big as a tractor trailer(except they would be a single unit).
Ideally, all new units would be great. This is just expanding on existing models through sidegrading and yes, I am talking about having to sacrifice other upgrades/weapons to have such functionality.

www.planetside-devildogs.com