PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
What exactly do we think the current Forward Base system is right now and where did we get the info from?

Also, here's another thought to add to this: Being able to built floating pontoon bases! Of course I'm going to get shot down by naval haters but still, just throwing that out there.
Floating bases could be an easy possibility, all it needs is 2 utility-slot upgrades.

Galaxy - Amphibious landing. Allows galaxy to land and deploy on water. (it should probably have a little platform that extends out while it is on water so infantry have a place to stand and not just get dumped in the drink.

Sunderer - Amphibious upgrade. Allows sunderer to float and move slowly through water (basically exactly like the Deli in PS1).

With those two upgrades you could deploy a forward base on water for water-based vehicles to repair and for infantry to spawn. Though I'm not sure how useful it would be to have infantry spawn in water unless there was some underwater combat options and infantry upgrades. They'd be sitting ducks out there with no cover. I suppose infantry upgrades for aquatic warfare would go along with naval warfare though.