PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles?
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-04, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I wouldnt say its going to be more appealing. Rather I am going to be FORCED to drop my assault buggy to get AV so I can continue to use the Decimator. I am not going to do it because I want to or because I percieve that AV is good now. AV is still going to be shite and I will still be forced to cert it anyway
AV won't be shite, or else you wouldn't be certing it. Deci is AV, and you obviously don't think it sucks, therefore you're looking at certing AV.

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Thats what is so irritating about all you folks missing the point. While moving the Deci to AV "makes sense" it doesnt change the fact that:

A)AV still sucks
B)SA is now super nerfed
C)All dedicated combat grunts instantly lose 3 cert points
A) Has been addressed. Deci is going to be AV, you like Deci, therefore you like AV.
B) Just stop with the ridiculous exaggerations, please. SA is 3 certs, you'll still get 2 (3 with Radiator) useful weapons with that. How many certs is the Bolt Driver? Oh, that's right. It's 3. Odd that you haven't been campaigning about that being unfair, and the Bolt Driver is useful in far less situations than the Rocklet and Thumper are useful. How about you just be glad about how long you had it entirely too good instead of complaining that it's now far more even?
C) I'm pretty confident they can adjust. The playerbase for the most part received free certs when they started grouping vehicles and MAXs. This makes sense, and people are whining because they like the Deci and don't want to have to change the way they play. BDMJ seems to be the only person I've seen who pretty much just admits that it makes sense but he doesn't like it because it will negatively impact him personally.