PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why Planetside 2 has been steadily losing players
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-01, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Re: Why Planetside 2 has been steadily losing players

@Babyfark

It's kind of amusing how the same topics are repeatedly brought up yet it's never directly tackled or answered by anyone with any creative direction. While it's easy for comments like "well a good idea only takes 5 minutes to think up, it actually takes longer to put it in" to be a response it's just yet another dodge with fingers in the ears hoping the problem will magically go away with a later band aid; what I see at the moment is "I facilitated shit base design, so what I'm going to do is change the mechanics in the hope this fixes the problem the shit design created". While you could say the turtle shell bases just encourage the farming - that's where outstanding base design counters this; there's more options available than "the only door in" or "tight corridors for the farm" (cue better base design).

What I want to see is someone take this game with a firm grip of the balls and say "It's by no means going to be in there tomorrow because it's a lot of work, but we recognize the root problem (bases) this is/isn't going to happen.." there's more than enough valid alteration suggestions out there to potentially fix, improve and build the game up to be something that bit more different and special.

Of course people want it "now", however any reasonable person knows it's not going to be there in an instant, what is important though is that someone with the influence shows abit of character and conviction to see it completed; like a dev team of Smedley's.