PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A clarification on Crimea
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-28, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: A clarification on Crimea

Using gaming experience as a basis to claim that people have something against the Russian people seems far fetched to say the least.
Do I agree that many gamers have and still do show uneasiness to play with Russians? Indeed I do. However I have never heard anyone claim that their dislike stemmed from political views. Some misinformed individuals might feel that way about a people that they have never met? Sure. However, you can find irrational people like that everywhere. Edit: Of course I am not Russian so my thoughts on the matter won't have the same weight as yours, Sith.
As a personal example: When I started playing WoW when it first came out I had heard that Spanish players were utterly horrible to play with. Which I found to be no more true than playing with any other, of course they mainly talked spanish. One of my best early ingame experiences involved an extremely friendly Spanish player who went out of his way to make others feel welcome.

Of course a person can claim to dislike a government without also disliking the population as a whole. I dislike the Obama administration and the Putin regime yet I have nothing against either Americans or Russians as a whole. Do I have a political dislike for those that share the same views as the government that I dislike? Sure, I certainly dislike their views.
I have found that I can disagree with the views of someone and dislike their views on certain matters without having anything against them personally.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2014-03-29 at 11:43 AM.