PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Stop SOPA From Becoming Law
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-20, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Re: Stop SOPA From Becoming Law

I actually watched most of the judiciary committee "debate" last week (well watched isn't the right word, more like survived with minor brain damage), and every single congressman who made a statement about the bill (about 10 in all) started with "I don't know much about technology and I don't understand any of the technical stuff in this bill", but more than half went on to describe how awesome it is anyway. Not all of them though. There was a small group of congressmen who spent the entire time fighting the bill, putting forth one amendment after another (all of which were shot down), pleading with the rest of the committee to let experts come in and explain the internet to them and whether they think SOPA is a good idea.

The rest of the committee (~25 people who actually showed up) were for the bill, most of them contributed nothing to the "debate" aside from voting No to every amendment that tried to clarify or limit the bill. There a group of 4 or 5 that at least tried to "debate", but none of them made an argument beyond "We have to do something, this is something, so lets do this."

Which congressmen made up these two opposing groups? See if you can guess.