PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cloakers and jacking
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Re: Cloakers and jacking

Even though this idea still won't be preferable in CQC, I like the idea of two levels of infil suit. One is the true infiltrator, carrying only handgun sized equipment and little extra equipment in way of ammo and a REK.

The other would be more of a commando. Probably packing no more than a rifle or a shotgun as his largest weapon, and little supplies, including a REK and possibly a boomer or two for some real behind enemy lines espionage. He'd be akin to the standard vest in PS1, only with cloaking capability on top. The cloak is both temporary and fragile. He'll lose his cloak upon performing actions or taking damage. Best used going from cover to cover and should definitely engage the enemy with a guerilla mindset. Think nanosuit (Crysis) cloaking, only without the added options of high jump, super speed (sort of I guess) and extra armor. I'd really like to see small, highly organized teams in game using these kind of tactics.

EDIT: Further humoring the idea, I don't think I'd mind cloakers having special, 1HKO knife kills in PS2, so long as the risk with doing so is high, such as cloak being disabled for both armors, and the knife activating, thus making a loud noise for the duration of a kill animation, just moments before ripping out someone's jugular or impaling someone's heart. I know it seems kind of OP, but I want to be punished for going out on my own. We SHOULD be punished for running off on our own. The current equivalent in PS1 is the magnum full-salvo shot, but we don't get the quick reveal, and the noise isn't quite nearly as audible.

Of course, both types of cloaker would more than likely be left with no medical support and low ammo supply, so they'll have to rely on scavenged equipment for prolonged operations in the field, if scavenging is at all possible in PS2, even without inventories.

Last edited by EASyEightyEight; 2011-08-03 at 08:26 PM.