PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfit benefits based on keynote,
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-04, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Outfit benefits based on keynote,

My only concern coming out of the keynote (other than the terrible power point organisation, which to be fair was kinda funny) is the mention of outfits leveling up benefits based on outfit recruiting.

First some context, the first time I came across a system like this was in Warhammer online, it was a novel concept and I liked the idea. Subsequently Blizzard copied the idea wholesale and implemented it into WoW. What happened there is that a number of Guilds would farm members experience, effectively spamming out invites until they unlocked every available benefit. These then became player warehouses, there was zero community in these guilds and no chat going on between members. Their sole function was to unlock Guild benefits for guys who were leveling up an alt character who once they reached max cap would then leave for an arena PVP guild or a raiding guild.

I know that some large outfits that do a fine job of training new players in PS and they should reap the rewards of this effort, but if the outfit is just a player warehouse that makes no attempt to run squads and teach guys the basics they should not be able to gain any reward from doing so, ie the metric that is used to level up the outfit should not be totally passive like outfit experience.

This leaves however the problem of what metric(s) to use in order to level up an outfit within the system, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions?

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-08-04 at 04:48 PM.