PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What we know about Beta.
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Shanesan
Sergeant

Re: What we know about Beta.

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
given that there are around 100k PS1 accounts, give or take, there are ATLEAST 25k subs(based off facebook likes) for beta and most of PS2's community is PS1 vets, i cant see everybody getting in.

lets say 20k of those signups are PS1 vets, thats a crazy amount for early beta focus testing. 20-30k accounts is the sort of numbers you expect on a high pop server that holds around 5k people at primetime.

I would expect planetsides servers to hold more than the average MMO server, but until beta is someway long i cant see the majority of PS1 vets in the beta, i would however like to be proven wrong.
There are 100-200k PS1 vets give or take that have ever paid to play, I would reckon. Now, remember that these people still had to take initiative and say that they were interested in PS2 on the PS2 homepage. Now you're down to probably 20,000 people, maybe even less.

A lot of vets had email on their Juno accounts or AOL accounts, don't even remember their SoE username or password and can't recover it.

The majority of people who "like" PS2 on facebook most likely didn't actually pay for PS1, so they don't count. You're a lot more likely to get in beta than you think - apart from PC Gamer fucking this whole thought experiment up.

Last edited by Shanesan; 2012-02-16 at 10:37 PM.