PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Attack on Auraxis: Planetside 2 eSports show today 11/17 at 2pm PST
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-18, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
kidriot
Sergeant Major

Re: Attack on Auraxis: Planetside 2 eSports show today 11/17 at 2pm PST

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
The proposed MLG event where 5 players get invited, 1 platoon leader and 4 squad leaders. I've found that my squads rotate leaders during battles depending on what they are doing, is that something that most of the other outfits dont do?
Would those 5 have to be locked in and consistent each clash to push this individual personality agenda.

Anyway, looking forward to watching the rest asap when time permits.
This is something that I'm wondering myself. It's really up to how MLG setups their rule set and then we can go from there. We did a bit of theory crafting but didn't even scratch the surface.

I've lead 2 outfits. The first I stepped up to take the reigns and the second, Recursion, I co-lead through a merger with GOLD. In both scenarios the Platoon lead also did squad leading which is very draining on the PL.

I'm in NUC now where it's one clear PL and 4 distinct squad leads. Commands come down through comes and we adjust based off the SL's tactics. I think that's a far more efficient system for both live server and competitive play.

Rotating squad leads is a good idea because you get more people on the same page and don't suffer so much from burnout if you had 4 dedicated people. In the end, you'd have to pick 4 primary SL's and 4 secondary SL's as that's going to simply be the nature of MLG (if you're going to participate).