PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My review of PS
Thread: My review of PS
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-04, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TekDragon
Contributor

Nightwalker. Until you actually single out a part of my review and prove me wrong on it, your opinion means crap. I gave logical reasons for why i gave the game the ratings i did. I compared them to games that have been released recently and over the past years.

You dont agree the weaponry is uninspired? Fine, compare it to other FPS game weaponry and show how "inspired" it is.

You dont agree the release content was crap? Fine, go look at 10six (a prior MMFPS) that had close to 100 weapons and 100 vehicles, not counting dozens of armors, structures, mods, and gear. Go look at Tribes or Tribes 2 which has 100s of weapons over the mods. Even base has inspired weaponry and fight mechanics.

Do SOMETHING other than just run in here like a 8 yr old fanboy and cry that i didnt say "PS is t3h best!! Its so l33t!! All j00r bases belong to us!"

[Edit]

Sure, I don't dispute that your analysis of content since release is accurate, I'm just saying its misguided at best, and at worst, utterly retarded.
So you agree with it. But you think its retarded that i mentioned it... even though it plays almost no role in how i review the game and was just used to contrast the content at release?

Hate to break it to you but when Anarchy Online came out they had some solid content put in within weeks. 10six had a whole string of content added within the first weeks and month, adding plenty of new weapons, armor, vehicles, structures, and mods.

Trust me. The fact that POS has done nothing but fix/break/fix the code since release is worth noting. It might count as maybe .5% of my review, but its still noteworthy.

Last edited by TekDragon; 2003-06-04 at 11:31 AM.