PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Sifer2
Major

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

The bigger concern to me in regards to progression is I heard examples given that it could take over a year to max out a class. Now it might be premature to have a fit over this not knowing what the class trees look like. An what weapons/mods will be available to the new guy versus the 1 year veteran. But it does strike me as something that could very easily be screwed up.

If 1 year vets get an uber weapon mod or something that everyone knows is just way better. I don't see people sticking around for a year at a disadvantage to try to earn that. Games like Battlefield/CoD may have stuff like this but it certainly doesn't take a year to level up.

Of course I do understand what they are trying to do. They recognize that PS1 was weak on the progression side of the things an that a lot of people left once they hit BR 20 an got tired of fighting over the same bases. Some MMO players seem to only play for progression an nothing else. So they are trying to give them that. But it could cause a lot of problems I think. Especially do to inevitable inflation where eventually some one maxes his class an wants even more toys to break the game balance.