PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Performance fps , will the devs address this once and for all for launch ?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Performance fps , will the devs address this once and for all for launch ?

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
While I haven't played as much recently my system is identical to yours I NEVER had that bad of performance when overclocked. Has it got even worse?

mbarret, you are mostly CPU bound. You either need to move up to a Intel processor like the 3570K or possibly AMD's new Piledriver CPU. That CPU is coming out in the next week or so, and I would just for the 8350. It has twice as many cores, higher clock, and more IPC verse your 4100. If you can just do a drop in upgrade as long as your mobo supports it. What do you have for a motherboard?
The problem with the AMD 8350 is its price to performance ratio. Xbitlabs showed that Piledriver isn't much of an improvement on the CPU side of things over the previous generation, so the 8350 is going to perform about as well as the current 8 core AMD CPUs. At $180 you absolutely will get better performance for the dollar by purchasing the lowest end i5, the 3330, in everything other than video encoding and software compiling. Sadly, even the Core i3 beats the 8 core AMD CPUs in most games. I wish this wasn't the case, but objectively it is the case. Intel won the general computing x86 CPU war.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2012-10-20 at 10:40 AM.