View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: SOE Services Offline

Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
This..

Sorry to say, but SOE got exactly what it deserves. Its been well known that they like to hire in very talented people.. then screw em after they delivered their golden egg and cut as many corners as possible for profit.

Remember folks Planetside was created by VERANT Interactive, then Sony came into the picture and look what happened to games since then under their watch. Planetside was going strong, then the original designers "left" and was kinda kicked around the house a little bit till someone that fit within SOE's salary threshhold really cared for it.

SWG.. don't get me started.

EQ.. the most classic was releasing expansions where folks got to parts of the content that were literally empty gray worlds because they were not even FINISHED yet after it was sealed, put on shelves and purchased.

Don't take my word for it... do some google searches.
I looked up Verant Interactive and 989 studios and found that -
In April 1998, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was formed by merging parts of Sony Online Ventures with Sony Pictures Entertainment. Within a matter of months after this change, Sony Interactive Studios America was renamed 989 Studios.
Towards the end of 1998, 989 Studios shifted its strategy to making PlayStation console games only. The company's computer game/online development branch spun off, initially calling itself RedEye Interactive and then soon after Verant Interactive

So they've always been Sony and not some outside brand studio that was snapped up by a larger one.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms