PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - orbiting stations 'contintnet' (space battles)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-17, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gugabalog
Major

Re: orbiting stations 'contintnet' (space battles)

Originally Posted by sgtbjack View Post
What I would like to see instead.

1. Space is completely seperate from the ground game
I don't want space gumming up fps for the ground or vice versa, its just outright easier to implement and control it.

2. Clan Capital ships(customizable, and controllable)
Your capital ships would have living quarters, briefing rooms, functional bridge, ships systems(lifesupport, engines, and what not) with mannable turrets. This also accomodates clan vs clan battles. The continent full of ghost towns being destroyed when your clans logged off does not sound fun, or harvesting resources manually(i.e driving sc2 harvestors?).

3. Fighters, bombers, boarding craft, hybrids and resource collectors.
infantry is not useless, by utilizing boarding craft, or manning capital ship systems like turrets they don't have to be pilots. Landing craft shuttle ground troops to other clans capital ships to destroy from inside. Resource gathering ships are automated, and mine resources in the area. Fighters are fighting, bombers are bombing enemy capital ships.

4. Massive faction base-Basically, too big for other factions to destroy outright. More of a safe zone for parking. A hub for all that nonsense that mmo'ers like. Trade, bullshitting, or playing poker(jk)

5. Massive neutral base-a real pain in the ass to take from whatever faction controls it.(lots of automated turrets and defendable substructures), basically a continent set up like a massive urban environment in a station(gives that room to room/clearing alleys combat). It should probably be alien in creation.

I don't know, just spitballing, but this is what I would want.
/signed for 1, 2, and 5.