PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned?
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-10, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Nathaniak
Corporal

Re: Does anyone else think that bases need to be redesigned?

I've been saying this (as have many others) for a long time. IMO, the devs want most bases to confer equal advantage to both sides. This would be fine, were it not for the fact that the defender is inherently disadvantaged - they're trying to defend a single location, whilst the attackers can attack from anywhere.

I would like to see bases where 30 defenders can reliably hold off 40 attackers of equal skill/organisation. There are little things that can be done. Remember the old Tech Plants, where the shield gen was inside the base? What about placing a shield there that powers a shield protecting the current generators? That way, the attackers have to fight their way in through the back door and it takes several minutes until the vehicle bay shields drop. This allows defenders to have a proper defence, and attackers can still use Gal-drops and gate diffuser Sunderers to get in if they organise.