PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A10-5800K APU, Anybody Tried it yet?
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: A10-5800K APU, Anybody Tried it yet?

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
No attempts with Windows at all? I read the laptop version was playable is all, even Llano was and I think Trinity would do at least as well.

For crossfire if you are using that 5800K, I think the top card you can use crossfire with is the 6670. No idea on how good the APU crossfire is either or if it even supports PS2. Sounds like normal crossfire does now though.
Nope, if it's a system thing then someone will surely figure out how to set it up properly sooner or later. don't have much time to game anyway so i can wait for awhile. perhaps laptop version had installed discrete gpu along with the one in apu (they usually do).

yes it says on the cpu box that 6570 and 6670 are optimal but perhaps even stronger gpus from 6000 series can work with it. i will search that up...

edit: actually my crashes were cause by wine (menu error described here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...th-wine.47255/) so the integreated gpu might work fine after all. i will try to set it up properly and report back if i suceed...

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-11-22 at 01:25 PM.