PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-13, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)

Oh I wanted to add that with that list I just mentioned, of those I believe every one of the issues has been addressed or at least acknowledged.

1) Marketing, well...they're on it now and we'll have to see how it turns out.

2) They are communicating the 3-year plan. This looks like a big step in the right direction.

3) No BFRs, but I'm not sure they understand why BFRs were bad. They are moving toward clear class system and roles so I think there's evidence they get this to some extent.

4) hardware requirements look good with the goal to run on ~4 year old machines. So far the game doens't appear too fancy with the engine (that's a good thing, we gamers turn most of the fluff off anyway).

5) Missions will help a ton, as will more rapid pacing. The class system may be more intuitive for FPS vets. I think there's always more that could be done here. New players are the lifeblood and the higher the retention rate of new players and the better their first impression the more successful the game will be.

6) No indication on this one way or the other and is too early to really tell.

7) They've described hacking as a top priority and their biggest threat. Supposedly there's a sub-team devoted to security and addressing this issue. Seems like they're doing the right thing. I'll give them the benefit of hte doubt here.