PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Nerf teh Jack (Seriously, Machine gun, Mortar and Foxhole concepts)
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-12, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Nono, CE plus 2 more for entrenchment, balancing by massive cert cost is stupid.

As far as placement, how many bunkers do you see in decent spots now, i say get rid of those and replace them with real bunkers, with all sorts of MGs. and move them out to key chokepoints. Let players manually place close in defenses. Imho its more fun to find a ***** in player made defenses the "ah, were at faro, everyone know what to do?"

Well, my theory is that they wouldn't have to deform the terrain at all, they could just make it as a structure that extends into the ground. I'm not sure but I would think they could turn off clipping in localized areas, and simply make that part of the terrain transparent, or something like that, until they can come up with a less "hackish" way to do it.

For snipers, theres always friendly snipers, or a mortar barrage. Then again they could always just throw some camo nets over them. Make it so you can pull it left or right a little bit so they can't just sight the firing slots by memory.

Edit: Tribes style would just be an overgrown Thumper, I'd rather they make it a real mortar. More of a barrage/harassment weapon.

Edit for clarity

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-02-13 at 12:31 AM.