PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The worst pc games you've ever played?
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Wahooo
Captain

Re: The worst pc games you've ever played?

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
Universal Combat. The tutorial assumed you know the dictionary sized control scheme for ALL sides of combat. How to Play? Don't install.
Had to bump this thread when I saw this. I know there are a few dogs back there in the recesses of my memory that were games I hated, but for the most part I found them playable. More recent games that were a let down, maybe SWTOR... I had such high expectations and well... such a let down and the "free" to play model is horrendous.

Darkfall:Unholy Wars has given me a new appreciation for PS2. I don't know how a company can announce a graphics update to their game and then quite literally break everything about the original. Really Darkfall 2 was actually SUPPOSED to be a re-skinning of the original... you know the thing everyone loves to say that is what they want from a sequel? But instead they went on and quite literally everything they made changes too from the original, they made worse. I also call BS on their "debug" mode... whatever they did is simply a dog to run and they are using "debug" mode as an excuse. Can't believe I put money in that pile.

ANYWAY on to Universal Combat. Back when I bought this I know I looked at PS1 and said "no way i'm paying a subscription for a game". wasn't for a few years later that I played PS1... sad panda I skipped it. Universal Combat per the description (and honestly the potential to be) everything Planetside could hope to be if it were a single player game. But it was so grossly complicated that potential couldn't be reached. I think I still have the box... and the 500 page manual.