PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-06, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If NC MAXes are not an equal to TR and VS MAXes but TR and VS MAXes are a counter to NC MAXes then what does NC have to counter TR and VS MAXes? Also slugs in a bio-lab a worse than shot. Let be copy my numbers from the official forums on dual Mattock shot v slugs
All the normal counters. Neither VS nor TR can instantly kill enemy HA, as an example. You won't get a lot of time to fire of that rocket, but you can. Like I wrote it's just something one could argue, not necessarily something I think is true myself.
Never wrote that slugs were better in a Bio Lab. Just that the Scattermaxes' max effective range doesn't really come into play all that often because of the level design.

For Mattocks shot is far better than slugs for up to 20m and only after that would slugs be a better choice. Then you have to ask are slugs going to do the job at those ranges with how slugs act against live targets. Slugs are not worth it in my opinion.
No idea if they are worth it. The devs obviously inteded for them to fill the range gap. Not how I would have done it myself.

Then you have the old bio-lab talk of it being a hunting ground for NC MAXes. Here's a video of someone running around a bio-lab with his render distance set to 15m.

There are plenty of places in a bio-lad that go far beyond a NC MAXes effective range even with extended mag.
So what? Plenty of places where you can force the enemy to come into instagib range. More importantly, plenty of important areas where you can force players into instagib range if they intend to play the objectives. Actually those areas almost always force players into close quarters combat.
Bio Labs are Scattermax hunting grounds.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-07-06 at 03:33 PM.