PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-26, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #297
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Hmmm.

I love the concepts, I think I'm going to go to work on my take on it, which will be heavily influenced by the Bastion Fleet Carrier concept we've all seen: http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/pl...arrier#slide=1

The main way my version is going to differ is that it will be equipped with weapons for targeting other things aside from OACs, as each will be vulnerable to boarding and destruction from within so needs some protection. However, the weapon systems will be able to be destroyed individually.

To get into the swing of things I'm putting together the Bastion first, working my way from the front to the back, as I can reuse and edit elements of it for the other vessels, here's my work in progress:

And pretty much finished, with a bit of work needed on the rear gravity engines and potentially on the inside:

So here is the final version:

Started work on the Cruiser:

Similar armament but with no vehicle spawns, and an additional two heavy cannon on the top for tackling other vessels. Wondering about putting some anti capital missile launchers on the flanks. I also have a landing pad at the front and back, but I may get rid of the front one. However I like the idea of two entrances for attackers to board from. Perhaps an opening in the roof would work?

And here is my probably finished Cruiser:

Added some guided missile batteries on the sides that could only be fired at enemy vessels. Kept the entrance at the front to give attackers more options.

Destroyer:

I am going to put in descriptions for each once I have finished the models, along with go back and put in drop pod launchers around the ships for infantry spawning in to use to disembark. I also want to make general plans showing the interior with spawn locations, generators and shields. I'll also put together a comparison shot to show scale, if my PC can handle it...

Frigate:

Here is the comparison image:

Last edited by DviddLeff; 2014-04-27 at 11:01 AM.