PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Use of infiltrators in outfits.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: Use of infiltrators in outfits.

In PS1 cloakers weren't snipers as armors were more a weight class which determined inventory size and armor protection.

Cloaker (no armor)(only equip 1 small weapon or tool at a time with very little extra space)
Agile (Light Armor)(Equip 1 large weapon, 2 smalls + extra space)
Rexo (Heavy armor)(2 large, 2 smalls, + more extra space)

Any armor besides cloakers and MAXs could grab a sniper rifle. However most people who sniped in PS1 weren't partuclarly good at it. They grab it cus it's a nice strong weapon to whore some easy kills early on.

Real Snipers in PS1 however, were very effective at softening up a moving infantry force or covering a friendly one because they could also carry alot of other potential weapons and equipment combinations.

Most cloakers are the same as the newbs grabbing the snper rifles. But the good ones actually made excellent spotters and sabotuers. Easily, a good cloaker with alot of skill and luck (due to all the glitches involved with them), could shutdown an entire enemy base long enough for it to be taken. They aren't as effective in the field however just because so much more could go sideways for them.

Because cloakers and snipers are being combined in PS2, their ability to strike from range or up close (i forsee) will make them very versatile, particularly in small spec ops elements working in conjunction with a larger organized force. What will separate the good ones from the ones trying to whore kills will be how well they can survive, setup a foe(s), or react to a very chaotic situation as their survivability (i think) seems higher than in PS1.

Last edited by Hosp; 2012-07-20 at 10:58 AM.