PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Killcam
Thread: New Killcam
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Tssha
Corporal

Re: New Killcam

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Do you guys want to have a "Wait"/"Respawn now" choice on this screen, maybe with a count of near by friendly medics so you can choose if you want to wait for one or not. We were talking about having something like that, I think it could be cool. Right now it just dismisses after a few seconds and the respawn point selection interface comes up.
That really depends on your revive system, now doesn't it? If you can be revived from the respawn screen, it doesn't matter. If you can't, it would make a good choice, but I know most people would "tap out" right away anyway and save themselves some time. As an Advanced Medic in Planetside, it was slightly annoying to get to a guy just to have him tap out before I can even start reviving him. Tends to discourage people to take the cert.

So, if you can revive from the respawn screen, that would probably be the best system for revives, and assuming you don't spawn any faster by choosing "respawn now", it doesn't matter if you put a "wait" button on the killcam.

If you can't revive folks from the respawn screen, then I'd suggest that be the case. At least, up until you respawn, anyway.