PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The new empire based Deliverers and fury
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-22, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hoza
It sounds to me like the TR have got themselves a super Transport that can defend itself better than the Deli can and will be usefull as a limited Anti Air asset. Only Armour will really pose a threat to the squad inside, as infantry and aircraft get turned to mush by it's multiple guns.

I think that all the new variants will be useful at different times and have different roles, if the BattleWagon is essentially a super transport then the people inside would have been sat inside a deli anyway - only now they get a gun
Yeah, more people get a gun, but they are only doing a bit more damage. By my count, I see 60mm of gun in a TR wagon, compared to 40mm in a Del. For the same 5 people, I could field 2 dels with the same 60mm. And in that scenario, the two dels would be superior, since they have greater speed/maneuverability over the TR wagon (not to mention a better chance at survival, more ammo, more transport space and more potential to up the damage (add 1 more gunner for 80mm total).

Anyway, I'm waiting to see this on the test server, but so far, this idea for the TR wagon is looking real thin. It is looking like the prowler all over again, more people required to effectively field it, thus less of them on the road. At least we will still have the original del to fall back on and it will give us a new toy to play with for a while.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.