PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy]
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Virtual Reality Training

Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
I can agree with most of that, really I think the biggest thing for me was adding a responsive AI to train on. That is to say something that will shoot back without killing you (brings you to 5 health and you get a "death" for training). Yes, I can train with my outfit mates and shoot at them but I'd personally rather shoot at an AI while trying to teach my guys how to pull something off THEN try shooting at each other later.
See this is where I have to disagree, respectfully of course. I don't want AI in the VR, except what currently exists as standing targets. AI can never, EVER compete with a flesh and blood variable. Which is why I took my outfit to the Public Test server and ran in-house scrimmage trainings. Frequently.

Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
Also it was mentioned earlier you should have access to enemy weapons in VR, I would agree as it allows you to learn how to react to such weapons and know their strengths and weaknesses if you invest time into learning them.
Gonna have to disagree here, too. There's something to be said for learning things on the battlefield and figuring it out there. I kinda feel like doing this would basically reduce the game to run-and-gun status.