PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Making Air Power more practical in PS
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-11, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My sentiments exactly. I think a two seat Reaver sort of made to do what an AH-64 Apache does is a good idea.

Course the two seat could be the empire versions. The CP Reaver could just have the center mounted 20mms and dumbfire 'Super Decis'.

This is sorta how I imagine it:

CP Reaver:
2x 20mm guns, and Devastator Missile System, basically a time locking missile that is as slow as a Deci, fires at about the Vanguard's 150mm rate , but does maybe twice the dmg that a Deci does. Each ammo box could hold maybe 3 of the Devs, and only 3 are loaded at a time. The lock prevents it from being used as an AI weapon and the slow speed makes it harder to use against AA targets like Skeeters.

TR Reaver:
This machine would be most similar to the current Reaver, the 20mms would be doubled to have quadlinked chainguns that actually will fire twice as fast and not just be for show. The Gunner would control a missile system that is similar to what Reaver's have now with one major difference. It would be laser guided with a nose mounted system, the missiles can only launch when the gunner has a target though else they are dumbfire.

NC Reaver:
This beast would sport a single 25mm gun for the pilot instead of the dual 20s. The gunner would control a Phoenix like missile system that is guided and packs the punch of a Deci. One shot at a time though and the range is maybe only about 450m.

VS Reaver:
This one would be the least like the current Reaver, the pilot would have a lighter version of the Magrider's main railgun, but it would have a faster RoF and no splash. The gunner would control a hardly accurate neutron cannon that acts similar to the Radiator in that it goes directly into the health of the target crew bypassing armor, but not sheilds.

This is just an idea blog really, obviously some tuning would be needed.