PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-03, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

I can't come up with a single good reason to keep the shields to be honest:

1. It's used by Flails to camp bases on the other end of the map
2. Ruined module raiding because mods are virtually always safe
3. Forced the map flow on Amerish to either the outer ring or a ridiculously long LLU run
4. Made Thoth from a frontier base into an "ignore me" base.
5. Made Voltan into a "last stand farmfest", while allowing an empire to fully concentrate on Naum and Bitol at extremely long logistical nightmares for the enemy, forcing both enemies through the same route usualy.
6. Made Neit-Bel and Neit-Pwyll into one ways.
7. Anguta is extremely abusable with a Galaxy Gunship (and even without) at Ceryshen bridge to the point an already hard fight became impossible logistically from the north as Nerrivik was the only option left, far behind a Galaxy Gunship camped area.
8. And on all the other continents, it created such long distances to capture that third base, that it only caused enormous stalemates.

- Oro is already hard to take. With shield and without OS, it was almost impossible.
- Enkidu is an important stepping stone from Kusag and Akkan. Though the lattice before Enkidu (with Zaqar linked to Kusag) was better.
- Gunuku became a huge slugfest with only the island holder having a chance to cross over until the third empire would capture one of the bases on the other end (of course, mostly because too few people use amphibious Ground Transport vehicles too).

:/