PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside another Earth and Beyond?
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-10, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

With regards to Mr. Vicchio's points.

1) I don't think this will be a problem. However, if only uber guilds and "l337" players are getting CEPs then you must rely on the old addage: if you can't beat 'em join 'em. IF you can't get CEPs join a "l337" outfit and work your way up the ranks of the outfit. Think of the climb up this Outfits command structure as a game within a game. Once you have achieved a certain Command rank, you can part company from this outfit.

2) Not ever gamer is an "achiever" type. I hate running the leveling treadmill. Powerleveling is not fun. I love the fact that I will reach a point in this game where I have reached the uper echelon of combat abilities and I don't have to worry about leveling ever again. I see it as once I reach level 20, the game really begins for me. At that point, all I have to do is fight for the glory of my outfit and empire.

3) I think assholes will be kept at a minimum due to the monthly fee. Why be an asshole in PS, when I can be an asshole in CS and BF1942 for free. Assholes will also get hit with the ban stick. However, you will get the people who are quitting the game and go out in a blaze of asshole glory.

4) People will adapt to the speed of play. No game will appease everyone's desired speed of play. If you play Ghost Recon at the speed you play CS you will be dead quickly. I think I will like trying a different speed from both of them.

5) If getting there isn't half the fun, then you will start playing the game more conservatively (you know all about conservative, don't you Mr. V ). This will reduce rambo type players which is a good thing IMO.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.