PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How much money have YOU spent on SOE games/subs over the years?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zar
Sergeant

Re: How much money have YOU spent on SOE games/subs over the years?

Originally Posted by Madcut View Post
I totaled mine up from my first payment (2/8/03), which was for Station Pass Sub so I could play Infantry. I think Infantry was F2P, but had some incentives for getting a Station Pass. Two days later (2/10/03) it shows my first EQ sub. I remember buying the whole package of Everquest expansions which was up to Planes of Power at that time. The discs came in a F'ing golden chest! It was such nerd rage for my little 13 year old, seventh grade self.

My first Planetside subscriptions was on 7/8/03. I probably bought the game on 6/8/03. I feel like I remember starting to play around a week after the game released. My payment history shows $74.94 spent on Planetside. I imagine the original game cost around $30-40, so I've probably spent more like $110 on PS.

My last payment to SOE was 7/7/10 (give me a new game to pay for SOE!) for an EQ2 sub and I don't even think I played it that month, but forgot to turn of the auto renew function.

So, totaling up all the subscriptions from 2003 to 2010, I've given SOE $515.24. Is that a lot? A little? I don't know. I'd say that $500 for over seven years of entertainment (not consecutively, mind you) isn't a bad deal. Would I do it again? Would I tell my former 13 year old self to buy that Station Pass? I'm not sure. I might have given him a drum kit instead, but I digress.

The $515.24 is for mostly subscriptions. I probably bought a few expansions with that as well, but I also bought the games and expansions in retail stores. So I assume I've spent more like $700-800 on SOE online games.

So enough about me, how much have YOU spent on SOE games? I think the person who has spent the most deserves immediate PS2 beta access!
I've had a sub to ps1 since it started which is about 9 years i think + my eq sub I've paid $1726.92 Not sure but i think that makes me a soe fan boy black belt.... not super proud of that >.> + ps1 game it self and the core combat expansion don't remember how much it was >.< tbh

Last edited by Zar; 2012-07-01 at 05:32 PM.