PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Pageant contestant disqualified over strange circumstances.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Vecha
First Sergeant

Re: Pageant contestant disqualified over strange circumstances.

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
What I'm getting at is that whether she's genetically male or a homosexual, the pageant is about people dressing up and parading around to look the prettiest. Her chromosomes or sexual orientation or favorite colour are not relevant to her ability to look like an attractive woman. The "must be born female" rule is arbitrary, and something that people like Traak would have written because they're bigoted shitheads, not because there's any practical reason for it to exist.

And yeah, she lied on her application or whatever by saying she was born female (although according to her she was, albeit physically male), but good for her, I say. Discrimination is something people should not be obliged to play along with. Hopefully her defiance creates a national thing about this. Maybe it will be the case that Miss Universe Canada is found to be in violation of Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms or something.

I understood what you were getting at...just saying that there is a difference.

She didn't just "dress-up" did she? She probably went through some surgery.

But, you are right...they are all trying to look their best by parading their looks.

(Also, my point is definitely moot if ALL the contestants are allowed to get surgery, implants, etc. )

I personally wouldn't want to be part of something that discriminates against anyone, but if they want to be dickheads, that's on them.

However, If it actually IS against the law, then I hope she is able to do something about that. I like to think that I respect homosexuals, transgenders, heterosexuals, equally. Or at least try to.

Last edited by Vecha; 2012-03-28 at 03:51 PM.