PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Most continents had at least 3 Tech Plants so in theory each empire could have one. I think only Forseral only had 2 Techs.

I think the idea of a special base that produces a special unit is pretty cool and adds a layer of strategy. It certainly goes along with what we know about capturing resources so far.
The only problem is how do you come up with a special unit that is not crippling not to have, but not overpowered when you do have it?

Also, if there were going to 1 tech plant near every foothold on each continent, that's 9 tech plants. It would be damn hard to think of 9 different special abilities. However, they don't all have to be full vehicles...they could just be 5% boosts to tank shields or something like that.

Or, there could only be 3 unique weapons/vehicles (1 per empire) and the more you have of the tech plants, the more powerful or available it becomes.

For example:
1. All 3 tech plants near VS footholds could enable one thing
2. All 3 near TR could allow another thing
3. All 3 near NC could allow something else

By default, the war starts with you holding all three of the special tech plants near your own footholds. Lose one, and they become 33% less available, or less powerful, whatever, lose 3 and you lose it until you recapture one.

On the other hand, if you capture an enemy's tech plant, you gain that ability at 33% of capacity. These tech plant bonuses could even be designed to work together in some way, thus working as an incentive.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-28 at 07:49 PM.