PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Is PS2 going to be intercontinental enough?

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
If you notice, I mentioned that the shield doesn't totally block enemy travel - it just requires a squadmate with the special skills of an infiltrator that can temporarily incapacitate the shield. So a even a whole outfit could still cross over into a continent to wreak havok behind enemy lines if they wanted to, even hack the WG outpost on the other side if they wanted to (thereby opening the gate for travel to the general public).
I see, but I guess my point is that the empire needs to have a permanent spawn point on each continent. If you are on say Indar, and your empire is already pop-locked on your home continent of Esamir, if you lose all your spawn points on Indar, where can you spawn? You'd have to get booted from the server.

It's not about being able to travel through the WG, it's about where you can start from. That's the question I have.

Now, if it's like what kaffis said and Vancha's drawing where these warpgates are in addition to the permanent footholds, then obviously there is no problem.