PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - In-Game News Correspondents: What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: In-Game News Correspondents: What do you think?

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
Stardouser I understand your mechanic but still agree with Malorn. You're intention is to not let this reporter into an area unless it's occupied by a friendly right? So now you have to implement zone walls just for this reporter. That's a huge deal in Planetside when the only zone wall is over the ocean, even if that where possible. He can STILL relay vital information, that's the problem with live reporting. Doing it as a cloaker is one thing, but any special perks I'm starting to think can't work. Any reporter with invulnerability or special perks would have to be done by SOE
OK, then we go back to ghosting, except now he can only ghost a single empire's players. The very mechanic of ghosting means your view is locked to within a few feet of the player you're locked on to, so that won't require zone walls.

Instead of trying to think of ways to make it work, you guys are concentrating on saying it can't. Malorn I understand, because having read his manifesto and as a commander, he sees this as a security risk and, no matter what's done to reduce it, he has evaluated it, decided that since he wouldn't stoop to exploiting it(which, if it's single empire ghosting, it very nearly cannot be exploited), he wants it totally exterminated to avoid even a 1 in a billion chance of it being exploited.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-29 at 05:09 PM.