PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Possible new/retro-fit computer.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Possible new/retro-fit computer.

EDIT: I saw your other thread. Your performance issues are related to the current/last patch that went out? TBH I haven't played recently, so I don't know how bad the hit is or how widespread it is. However judging from that thread its even making people with 2500K and 3570K suffer performance issues be it overclocked or not. May have to ride it out and hopefully SOE will fix the issue. They REALLY need to test this shit before rolling out these updates.

In terms of new processors coming out on the horizon. Intel is bringing Haswell out in June. Its expected to have about a 10% increase in performance over the current Ivy Bridge processors. TBH I don't know how much of a boost you will see going to the current models like the 3570K leaving them at stock. They are about 15%-20% faster clock for clock compared to your 960. The big boost comes from actually overclocking the CPUs to 4.5GHz+.

I'm more concerned with finding what is limiting your current performance however verse you going out and buying a 3570K. See if we can get you to have a more playable experience and wait out for Haswell.

You say your 960 is at 3.8GHz. That means its overclocked. Did you or your ibuypower do that overclock?

Last edited by Goku; 2013-03-16 at 11:15 AM.