PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Just a little Cry about faction hopping.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-04, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

This is an important topic. Hence, it is one of the Best & most important threads ever (IMO).

There's always a solution. The question often comes down to dev cost and/or playerbase reaction to proposed change(s).

I don't think there's a ton of folks in Dragonskin's boat, but his wishes & opinions are nonetheless valid & important.

Perhaps the game can give players a choice after being TK'd. A player can hit "P" when they have the time & review any TK's that occured since they logged on. Players can check a box by each TK incident.

No complaint .... a friend messing around, or whatever.
Unknown ......... in a mass battle situation, TK's do happen.
Intentional ....... an ASSHAT .... not always a griefer, but still punishable.

What I like about a system like this is that players that receive a LOT of the 2nd or 3rd category will eventually be flagged for some sort of discipline, or ban.

A person with a LOT of TKing would be subject to the damage reversal idea ..... when he shoots a friendly, it damages only himself.

Empire Switching ?
2 hour cool down is fine. Only activates when you leave the warpgate so those doing character & cert maintenance don't kill their options of which Empire to play once they're done with basic account/character management.

TK player/account lockdown has a timer that only runs while you're logged in as that player. I LOVE the idea that Greifers with alts can't log onto their asshat alts & automatically come back later, or the next day ...... the Character (alt) Grief Ban lasts for 2 hours of in-game active play time .... with MINIMUM support requirements .... X amount of Engie ammo/repairs, X amount of Med healing, X amount of Enemy Empire Killing with Friendly Fire only hurting thier won self (character) .... zero ability to TK while in Restricted-Play Mode.

PROFESSIONAL GREIFERS NEED TO BE DRASTICALLY CURTAILED. It's a major problem that has not been made a high enough priority.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-04 at 11:39 AM.