PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Light Assault Ammo Drop
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-06, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop

I'm disappointed that they're trying to dumb down the game. I'm all for making things simpler, but doing this doesn't really add to gameplay... If anything, it detracts from it. A predecessor, in this case Planetside 1, should serve as a direct inspiration for sequels; not just in theme, but in gameplay and feel. I understand how times have changed, but the pace of Planetside 2 has been speed up so much with Squad Spawns and the Class System (Not that either of those are individually flawed) that death seems to have become just a minor inconvenience. In Planetside 1 it was hard to get killed, and you knew that if you got creamed you had really messed something up. Cheap deaths were few and far between.

...But, as many others say, we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: On a less existential note, they really should grant ammo boxes to support classes. Light Assault is the second to last class that should be able to dispense ammo, the last being the infiltrator (Though apparently they have shotguns now.)

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ

Last edited by Whalenator; 2012-03-06 at 10:38 PM.