PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Light Assault Ammo Drop
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-06, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
What? Your kidding me right... you know the number one complaint I have about Planetside 1? I died so easily and so quickly and it had a rock paper scissor feel to it. To say that if you died in Planetside 1 you really messed up... Yeah right Whale. Thats probably the single most untrue statement ive read about Plantside. You died so quickly and easily in almost anything but tanks and BFR's. I come around the corner to a guy using third person view with his MCG, dead, no chance. I was live streaming earlier today and was getting mad because I was dying 10 seconds after I spawned weather it be random bad luck or some guy with his MCG, and it only took a few seconds like I said. So your point is here on out invalid in every sense.
What? I'm a huge fan of long TTKs since it offers a player a choice about what to do especially in a big game. I find it kind of odd that you'd say PS1 had a TTK that was too short. Most kills took seconds compared to a modern game where a few milliseconds are required to kill someone with a few bullets. Mind expanding what you'd prefer? Are we talking about multiple seconds? Like where you put 30 rounds into a person before killing them? (Note, I'm not against that, but remember we have recharging shields).

You could tell in the gameplay video that Higby was taking damage left and right. Was he dying for that random bullets hitting him? No. And that's really all most of us are asking for. His shield recharges and he goes on with playing. He doesn't sit and heal/repair for 5 seconds. Then you see on the other hand a few well placed shots will kill someone fairly quickly which is expected. Obviously with a ton of people it needs to be balanced so you don't end up with "instant" kills with hundreds of bullets flying around, but from what I could tell they're at a good start for balancing.

The only problem I have with currently is the lack of choices during combat. You can throw a grenade, aim, shoot, or reload which looked to be it from the combat choices. Hoping they expand on that a bit since I prefer complex combat decisions.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-06 at 11:14 PM.