PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
GTGD
First Sergeant

Re: Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.

Originally Posted by Verruna View Post
In my mind planetsides netcode/player warping combined with lasher orbs having to be led and general inaccuracy of the weapon itself makes the lasher a piece of garbage in its current state. If you manage to direct hit land all your orbs its decent though, LOL. Its not completely useless but its the worst HA.
This. With strafe warping, the only way you will beat someone is if they strafe predictably or by luck. The warp is too fast for the lasher's orbs unless you're shoving it up their butts. So what is happening is that you are either 1) leading, in which they will not move into the orb, or 2) aim directly at them, and they will strafe away from it.

The lasher definitely has its uses, but it's nowhere near as effective as the MCG outdoors just under MA range or the JH when wallhumped. Lasher spamming doors/hallways and while retreating around corners is good. It can beat a JH pretty easily at longer ranges.

But to be honest, I only really keep HA on my VS character to loot JHs and MCGs. Recently I've been getting back into the sweeper (kept forgetting they buffed it to 12 shots in a clip) and I find it comparable. If I keep doing well I might pump those points into something more useful.