PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Lasher, Jackhammer and MCG.

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Thank you for your reply, and i'm not trying to be a cock here.

But didn't you just contradict yourself pretty heavily there?

You said its frustrating that it never shoots where you want it too, and then you said learn to place your shots. :P

This is why I prefer the Sweeper. Sure its worse than a JH, but fuck me, at least its reliable. I know its range, i know what it can do and what it can't do.

Every time i pick up the Lasher i just never know if its going to hit every time, or miss every time.

I do play with a 180~ ping constantly because I'm in London, that coupled with the already suspect latency issues and hit recognition in Planetside makes some gunfights rather interesting.

Like, for example, me in a tower with an AI Max. A guy runs up the stairs towards me.. i move around the corner and start blasting him in the face, he looks at me for a second, puts away his gun, turns around and runs back down the stairs in a straight line and round the corner, while i'm constantly shooting him in the back, with hit markers everywhere. In an AI MAX. Its a Rexo i'm shooting at.

He doesn't die and just runs around the corner.

The thing i'm really looking forward to in PS2, more than anything, is having it so when i SHOOT people, they ACTUALY DIE.
Well no, what I'm trying to say is that if you just pick up the Lasher and go without any experience it is the most frustrating gun in the game because it doesn't ever shoot where you want it to. Once you use it enough however you start to learn where the orbs go in the cone and you can compensate your aim for it. It's taken me a long time with the new Lasher but I'm starting to get pretty good with it. If you're further away from an enemy than the distance between the two doors on a tower, never aim straight at him. You'll have to move the crosshair slightly to the left or to the right. If your first shot goes left, the next is going to go right. Etc.