PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #615
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Every gun owner knows the likelihood of being in front of a jury after firing your gun at a person is high. So it's best to have a story that puts you at imminent threat. Not a story that smells like you instigated shit.

All the prosecutor has to do is show the jury Zimmerman's reenactment of following that kid in his truck, then getting out of his truck and continuing down the same path the kid went.

What you don't get is Zimmerman's story screws Zimmerman. Doesnt help.

I'm not saying I believe Zimmerman is guilty or innocent -- what I was originally saying is that I see WAY too much of this "omg the kid is dead" crap, and nobody is objective about it.

What the jury will have to decide on is was Zimmerman within the capacity of his post in the neighborhood watch to follow Martin, or was he exceeding it. The prosecution will not have a self-defense case for Martin, and if the defense can pull it off I believe the may be able to make the case that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense (which is a proper legal defense for second degree murder charges) against Martin; in Florida, again with the looser gun laws, you are justified in killing for self defense if your aggressor was attempting to kill you or commit a felony against you (in this case it would be a felony level assault and battery most likely or whatever the laws are, haven't looked into it that specifically yet).