PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Article: Climbate Change Irreversible - What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vreki
Corporal

Re: Article: Climbate Change Irreversible - What to do now?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Computer simulation models with controlled input (meaning you can also try to show it would happen if humanity hadn't done anything different by simply applying the data from natural changes).

So yes, they can make those models. And they happen to accurately predict the climatological changes over the past hundredfifty years as the anthropogenic models correspond far more accurately with the data received..
But there lies the problem. Those models are based on historical data, so of course the output of those models will match the historical data. To be predictive, it will have to match future data, and there we again have the problem with the timeframe.

Now, I am actually a great fan of clean energy, and think it is a worthy goal regardless of global warming. And I also think that we should take note of changes in the environment and adapt to them before its to late.

But I argue against The End of Days Due To Global Warming being presented as a fact. It is not. It is a theory, and IMHO one that is a bit weak on the parts that usually are required to be called a scientific theory. e.g. falsifiable predictions.