PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lasher!!!!!!!
Thread: Lasher!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-23, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I still vote to throw all HA out the door. SA wouldn't make this problem because its common pool.

The only way I've seen the lasher being beaten indoors is by thumpers. I've seen 6 NC with plasma bouncing nades down heavily populated VS tower stairwells while others move up the other side to hack the console, and bunches of NC at the backdoor just hurling nade after nade out of it.

If the VS get close or do a rush however, the whole thing is broken. That's the entire problem with the lasher: the only way to give the VS the same treatment is with the thumper, which isn't as good for the combat situation an attacking lasher player puts you through. You can't use the thumper when they get close or you will kill yourself, and you can't use it in close quarters with teammates because it will kill them and cause untold amounts of grief. Unlike the lasher, which you can spam near, far, and near teammates cuz there's very little danger it will make such a problem.

You know what's funny? Since the patch there are still players that made "Nerf the xxx" threads on the OF about:

Gauss
Vanguard
Sparrow
Scattercannon
Jackhammer
MCG
Striker

BTW, the Jackhammer is STILL more powerful than the Lasher.
Yes. The JH gets a .5 second better TTK, and gives up:

A 25 round clip.
A 3 second reload time as opposed to 4.
A 4 second ammo switch from soft to AP.
Inability to damage targets behind cover.
Inability to kill efficiently past 25meters.

Yes, it has other strengths, but the lasher has gone above and beyond in terms of firepower, versatility(this is a VS strength so I don't sweat this one much), and efficiency.

It doesn't really matter. The lasher is going to get nerfed. There's too much bad blood.

10 months of people bitching about the JH on the OF has made many people not forget about it, even after it was nerfed 3 times; that just means they will get revenge by bitching about the Lasher so much until the Devs cave.