PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 2 tanks are better than 1
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

2 tanks are better than 1

In Planetside there was a real advantage to have two or even three people in a tank if you were TR. You really needed someone in a tank because they were the major gunner. Now I understand Planetside 2 wont ever go back to that because of the solo player but there is three things they could do to help.

1. You shouldn't be able to repair your own vehicle.
2. Have gun turret mods that are more powerful than the drivers but then require the driver to have a downgraded mod. This means there is incentive to have a second gunner because he'll use something more powerful than the default drivers, but not over powering the tank.
3. No instant switching between seats, you should have to get out and back in again.

I'm all for being able to heal and repair yourself, but I really think that should be handled by terminals at base, then if you want repairing out on field then you need to fill that second slot in your tank.

Right now what I'm noticing is it's much more effective to just have two tanks between two people, instead of just one and that shouldn't be the case.