Meecrob
Sergeant

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
I rarely post here. I'll say this.
  • There are in reality very few large outfits
  • It's just two months after launch
  • There are only three continents to go with three Empires
  • If you cannot be effective with a squad examine what you are doing and how your are doing it
  • Go to the PS2 website and count the number of times it states MASSIVE SCALE
^ this. Tactics and strategies for planetside 2 are in their infancy stage and like stated so very very often the metagame is in its infancy stage too.

I think the addition of more continents is a big part to the solution of this "problem". When the zerg is more spread out its easier as a smalll group to avoid them or only fight a small part of it.

Let me also state for the record (it's only my opinion). I see people referencing to the good ol' days of interlink facilities and doors. This i really don't understand. You really want the situations back where you sit infront of a door where the only way u may get through is to walk through aoe spam? Talk about a situation where a small group will never be effective. Interlinks you had to have atleast twice the amount of people to stand a chance to take it.

In closing, War, when the factions are sort of equal, is alot about numbers. I don't want artificial mechanics so that a small group can own a large group if the skill level of the two groups is sort of equal.