PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Dynamic Bases
Thread: Dynamic Bases
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-27, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tikuto
Major

Lodestar-like mobile base-camp.

It sounds great. However, I'd feel it may rely too much on vehicle certifications and traveling. Where Engineers of the sort in PlanetSide1 have access to special equipment those same certifications could be used to finalize a temporary base/camp.
A huge Lodestar-like vehicle could quickly entrench itself into an area where its own Sphere Of Influence (SOI) would not overlap any other permanent facilities/bases nearby. This vehicle would turn into a building when deployed providing some cover whereas the AMS does not, and like the BFR has hit-points the temporary base/camp would too. The cover provided by this vehicular-base is a hitpoint immune to damage allowing players to make good use of the cover like a tower in the field or the battlements of a PS1 facility.
  • Essential features [instantly after being deployed]: Respawn Tube(s), Equipment Terminal, Reconstruction Facilities; heal & repair, Radar Interlink (allows players to see on their radar), mini-turrets, self-repair.
  • Ancillary features [supplementaries for engineers to reinforce and finalize a base/camp] Field Turrets allowed in SOI, Emanation Repellant (pain field), Eletronic invisibility, Aegis shielding, etc...
  • Extraneous supplements [extra things from the engineers themselves] mines, boomers, multiple turrets, sensors, etc ...
Undeploying/Unentrenching this vehicular-base would by design take some time whereas the AMS is instant, and lose all Ancillary features.

The main reason why this idea impresses me is for one simple reason:

"Dead" areas in PlanetSide 1 are almost never occupied. By having these could replace those random towers in the field and fill those "dead" areas, and hopefully remove those random towers completely. They never seemed to fit in the world for me those towers. As I've suggested before, a huge Lodestar-like vehicle could quickly entrench itself into an area where its own Sphere Of Influence (SOI) would not overlap any other permanent facilities/bases nearby.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-11-28 at 05:52 AM.