PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - i'm still a n00b...
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-26, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Franchize
Private

Mikky T makes some good points. The game isn't about xp. Getting xp allows you to get more certs you can use to make your soldier more versatile in the field, but it is by no means the be all end all goal of the game.

The goal of the game is to learn how to work as coordinated unit with your squad and the other members of your outfit and to make it the most effective fighting force on the battlefield.

I would like to say though that the "zerg" as it is called is not an entirely bad thing. It serves an important purpose. I see it mostly within the TR, as their weapons, and vehicles seem to support it the most of the three Empires. A zerg can be used much the same way the Soviets used human wave attacks in WWII against the Germans. A massive zerg will just steam roll an enemy force and capture that vital Tech Plant or Dropship Facility on a contested Continent.A skilled commander and squad leader can use the zerg as an important tool in planning an attack or defense of an objective.

If the Commander knows that there is a zerg at base A he can be sure that the enemy are throwing every resource at their disposal into the fray in order to stem the wave of humanity that is rolling towards base A. He can then plan a diversionary raid on base B, or perhaps shore up the defenses at base C behind the front line of the battle making it an ideal fall back position and helping to maintain the strength of the zerg rush. By checking the current population levels of each continent if he sees that a major zerg is occuring on a paticular continent he can be reasonably sure that the enemy is responding with a large force and will be unable to gaurd the bases on another continent as effectively, or may split his forces to respond.