PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Originally Posted by Adenn View Post
My opinion on the current MCG

Short Answer: I hate it.

Long Answer:

I have 1100 kills on the MCG, if you don't believe me check my player stats. So now you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, when the game launch I was conflicted with the weapon. I found it highly enjoyable yet I was more effective with my Carv so after 200 kills with the weapon I ended up placing it back in the locker only occasionally taking it out.

Months later when it got a buff and their was the ADS instant shooting bug I used it all the time. You see, I watched a video on youtube about the chain gun which taught you how to properly use it.

I completely loved it and realized that the gun wasn't bad, but rather had a higher skill floor. I won't go into details but it was essentially a full auto sniper rifle whilst being decent at close range.

Then they changed it with the spin up time...then it became useless to me. I can no longer snipe enemies from mid-long range. The ROF gives the enemies a chance to run and by the time I get the highest amount of ROF the COF is far too large for sniping.

At close range the low ROF has gotten me killed many times as well and the TTK in this game is far too low for me to reach the high ROF before one of us dies. The only time the spin up time is useful for me now is when I manage to flank a large group of enemies and mow them all down, other wise and tend to get FF or shoot everything but my enemy due to the COF.

So yeah, I hate the new MCG. I've tried going back to it to get the auraxium medal but I just can't. They made the skill floor/ceiling lower with this remake of it. I wish you could press "B" to have an alternative firing mode without the spin up time because that killed the gun for me.
Dude, this is the story of my life and the mcg, the only difference is that I started using it on beta and I also got the day 1 release nerf to it, I think everytime they change the mcg is for the worst.

I have almost all weapons for the heavy assault, the only one missing are the shotguns (only got the full auto), the first generation smg, and the m32.

Comparing the m32 with the ns15, I fail to see where it can be better then the ns15 so probabily I won't ever use it, probabily not this year.
I never use the smg or the battle rifle with the heavy assault.
My load outs are:
Close msw-r and Decimator, msw-r is a waste to use with foregrip, because I really think that for the range it was design, recoil doesn't matter, so I use adv laser sight, silencer, reflex 1x and soft point.
Medium t16 and that anti air lock on launcher, just adv foregrip, I liked the t16 iron sights a lot, and 1,35x is better then 1x reflex, but since it got a new look, it have now the worst iron sight in the game, so now I am using reflex 1x on it. No high velocity so the recoil is small enough to hit multiple rounds on the target.
Long tmg-50 and striker with comp, foregrip, high velocity, reflex 2x.
Crazy mcg and Decimator, extended mags on it, it was with laser sights for a long time, but now it is useless to fire from the hip while moving.
Shotgun, the full auto shotgun and standart rocket launcher with reflex 1x and extended mags.
Mobility ns15 and standart rocket launcher, with foregrip, compensator, soft point and reflex 2x.

I just have one wish, reflex 2x to all weapons in the game, please! It make no sense to all weapons have 3,4 and 4x sights if most of then don't have 2x reflex!
I also use Nanoweaver and adrenaline shield on maximum levels, With c4 and concussion grenade.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2