PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Supreme Court vs. The Fourth Amendment: KO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Re: Supreme Court vs. The Fourth Amendment: KO!

Have any of you ever even been to prison?

I have. I worked in one as a corrections officer for 5 years.

Everyone crying about this guy's rights is quite frankly misinformed.

You imagine that it's a brutal...painful thing. This guy's rights were OBVIOUSLY trampled upon, I mean how dare they ask a fucking prisoner to submit to a pat down and strip search...how dare they. If you go to any prison, even if it's the county lockup you are put through a pat down and strip search.

They do it to make sure that the prisoners aren't carrying fucking weapons or drugs around.

Shit, even if you visit your family for less than 5 minutes in the common room...you are told before you leave that room to wait in the holding area. They ask the guy to drop his pants...pick up his ballsack...kneel down...and cough so if he's hiding something in his ass...it'll come out. No one ever touches you, their fingers don't go in your ass....you're not touched ONE time. It's a 20 second deal, and you're done. It's non invasive, trust me I know...I DID strip searches every Goddamn day....never touched a prisoner once except for a weapons check pat down.

It's not hard, and it's not unreasonable. He was in JAIL, that's SOP in jail folks.

Can you imagine how hard it would be to control an inmate population if you were told:

"You can't submit a prisoner to a strip search unless you have reasonable probable cause."

I mean there are already enough rules on Correctional personnel as it is. You can't even fight back against a fucking prisoner without being liable for a lawsuit if they attack you. Thank you liberal agenda for that one.

The prisoners have more rights in prison than the actual staff put there to keep them locked up so they don't harm the general public. It's pathetic.

I agree with the decision. Regardless of whether or not they were right in jailing him for six days, or if paperwork was misfiled...whatever the fuck.....the guy was in jail. They can't determine if this guy's rights were being trampled on....all they knew was that they had a prisoner...he was in jail....SOP is to search him at regular intervals to keep the prison SAFE. That's what the supreme court ruled on...and they ruled quite correctly. Why should this guy get special treatment because someone might have fucked up in paperwork?

I guess because everyone's a special little snowflake now.

Life is hard, deal with it.

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-02 at 04:27 PM.